Money laundering is the process of concealing the source of illegally gained funds. Not surprisingly, money laundering and fraud go “hand and hand”. In order to spend the proceeds of fraud, criminals want “clean” money that will not connect them to illegal or questionable activity. This webcast helps practitioners understand the steps associated with money laundering, the red flags associated with such activity and the laws – both domestic and international – designed to prevent and punish those involved. It includes “real world” cases involving money laundering, gathered from around the globe. The participants will also learn how banks detect, and prevent money laundering.
- Understand the typical approaches to money laundering.
- Recognize the various red flags associated with each scheme.
- Understand how banks detect and prevent money laundering.
- Review the laws and regulations designed to punish those involved.
- Learn how to maintain and improve money laundering “IQ”.
- Fraud definitions
- Overview of typical money laundering schemes and the associated red flags.
- Examples of money laundering schemes involving organized crime.
- Tactics used to disguise money laundering schemes.
- Ten cases involving “real world” money laundering schemes.
CPAs responsible for preventing, detecting and investigating fraud.
No advance preparation required
Level of Knowledge
Group Internet Based
NASBA Field of Study